Advanced Cardiac Life Support
8am - 5pm
2 day course
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
$ 600 Blended
$ 700 2 day
Text Book / key code
31 Hooper Street Birkdale
Please contact us for more information
This course is highly interactive, incorporating both theory and practical aspects to give a fully comprehensive course on Basic Life Support. Our highly qualified instructors are here to help you improve, maintain and broaden your knowledge, expertise and competence.
This course is highly interactive, incorporating both theory and practical aspects to give a fully comprehensive course on Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Our highly qualified instructors are here to help you improve, maintain and broaden your knowledge, expertise and competence.
Course prerequisites and preparation:
Electrocardiograph (ECG) rhythm interpretation for core ACLS rhythms
Knowledge of airway management and adjuncts
Basic ACLS drug and pharmacology knowledge
Practical application of ACLS rhythms and drugs
Effective resuscitation team concepts
Pre-course self assessment - online.
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED use
• Science Overview (Update Course)
• Team Dynamics • BLS and ACLS Surveys
• Immediate Post-Cardiac Arrest Care
• Airway Management/Respiratory Arrest
• Peri-arrest Rhythms (Tachycardia, Bradycardia)
• Arrest Rhythms (VF, PVT, PEA, Asystole)
• Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
• Stroke Mega-code and resuscitation team concept
• CPR practice and competency test
• Theoretical and practical examination/assessment
• Pre-reading materials will be forwarded prior to this course
A classroom based course which is both video based and instructor led - ensuring a consistently high quality course. It also has a substantial use of practical workstations to assist the integration of theory into practice. The participants get to utilise the equipment, perform procedures and manage arrest scenarios themselves, which assists in building confidence.
e Courses/ blended learning This web-based, self paced instructional program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decisions making and skills development. After completing the cognitive portion of the course, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor. - Arrived